Sunday, August 15, 2010

New Beginnings

I have been working hard at accepting my life for what it is now and not keep dwelling on regrets and perceived failures. It has been hard. I am in fact a consummate dweller. I dwell on most things. I think and re-think things. I go over what I said and worry that maybe I should have said it in a different way or have said something totally different altogether. So this move to stop dwelling is not as easy at some lovely people think. They say "stop thinking about it" "move on" "don't worry" and as I have said in previous posts, they all mean well and are trying to inspire me, but as a dweller extraindonaire, it is a little harder than that.
I mean how many people would like to give up something and again, good meaning people say, well just stop eating it, or how many people ache to give up smoking but just do not have the motivation or commitment even though they know how very bad it is for them.
So long story short, sort of, I have made a move to hop off the dwelling train. I have made the fat controller blow the whistle and halt all journeys. Now this is not to say that I am cured....there are no magic fairies or flying carpets here, but I am making a concerted effort to focus on those things that I can control and not try and fix, change or modify the things that have already happened.
So I sit and write this post with a spring in my fingers and am not dwelling on changing anything that I have written. Small steps......

1 comment: