Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bus Stop

The funny thing about waiting at the bus stop is the chance it gives you to reflect on all the thoughts in your head. I am however sick of analysing my thoughts and feelings, my actions and reactions. I think I know myself more now than I ever have. At times it is nice to be able to look outside of yourself and honestly see the person you really are. In saying this, it is also difficult to see that person with all the faults and flaws that you generally try to pretend is not there.
I have been able to see that while I have always wanted to make all the right decisions and choices, and worked hard at doing so, I am human, and I am not perfect.
My journey is now one of trying to love myself once again for who I am, the good, the bad, the annoying; and to forgive myself. I think the hardest part will be to forgive me. So I will sit at the bus stop and work on accepting me for who I am, and start the process of forgivness, because without forgiving myself I cannot move forward, or backwards or sideways, if I can't forgive myself I will continue to be stuck waiting for the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment