Friday, August 20, 2010

My children, my life

I glanced at my watch throughout the day waiting for the moment when I could finally have my babies once agin in my arms. When they are not with me, I feel a physical pain. At times it can be overwhelming not being able to call them or know what they may or may not be doing. It is a very cruel person who can try and disconnect the bonds of a parent. Now I do not mean for a moment that fathers cannot have the same connection to their children, because they can.
But my children grew inside me. I was connected to them before they took a breath. I spoke to them every day inside my body and I was humbled when I felt them move within me.
My children are my life. They are in my thoughts each and everyday and they are at the forefront of my mind when I make any decisions.
I know that this will not always be the caase, but right now, right at this moment I am only whole when they are with me. When we are apart I struggle to be me. I hope and pray that this will not always be the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment