Saturday, August 28, 2010

The best night out - EVER

Now, I have had some fantastic times. Who could forget scrapbooking weekend 2008, at Melissa's place. Mama Mia...say no more. I think the tears that streamed down Toni's face are still imprinted on all of our minds. But I have to say that my night out last night rates up there with the best I have ever had!!
There were only 3 of us, but boy did we party!!! Our cheeks are still sore from all the laughing. What did we do you my ask???? Nothing out of the ordinary but we were all in the right frame of mind and the night was FABULOUS!!
Kym, Dani and I stayed in the city, met some great people, danced and drank (yes me, while I don't think you could say that I was pissed, I did get pissey and at times I couldn't stand up from all of the laughing. It was a big step for me who has never been technically drunk, I certainly had moments of fuzz but moments of clarity also)
I love to dress up and put myself out there so I had decided that I wanted to mohawk my hair and paint my face - ala Lady GaGa (who incidently I don't really like but in a club her music rocks!!) I don't think this would come as a shock to anyone who knows me. I have no problem with feather boas, knee high boots etc. So what did I do??? Walking around in the city, I was called to a shop by the universe, and there staring at me was a long purple wig. I fell in love and just had to have it.
I ended up just being a star at the club. Who would think that a club like The Beat I would be interesting. (and yes it is a gay bar, but there are a wide range of people who go there and the atmosphere is electric) so me in my wig....HUGE hit. I was called outrageous. I was chatted up by men and women and the quote of the night was when a young boy of 25 asked my age....when he heard 36 he was dumbstruck and exclaimed "you are the hotest 36 year old I have ever seen!!"
So the laughing, the dancing, the sangria and the vibe all combined in the universe to tell me that I am alive, that I am free and that I am fabulous!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment